During Christmas vacation we were able to spend some time with Seth’s family up in Idaho. While we were there my awesome sister-in-law, Collette, made us some of this Chai tea. I immediately asked for the recipe because I knew I had to make some of this for myself at home. This stuff rocks!
- 1 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 cup powdered non-dairy creamer
- 1 cup French Vanilla flavored powdered non-dairy creamer
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened instant tea
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
In a large bowl, combine milk powder, non-dairy creamer, vanilla flavored creamer, sugar, and instant tea. Stir in ginger, cinnamon, cloves, and cardamom. In a blender or food processor, in several batches if necessary, blend until mixture is the consistency of fine powder.To serve:
Stir 2 heaping tablespoons Chai tea mixture into a mug of hot water.