I haven’t been too inspired by many recipes I’ve seen online lately which makes meal planning a little more work. I was wondering what the heck I was going to make this week for dinner when I had the crazy idea to actually use some of my cookbooks! I know, WEIRD.
This is one of the recipes I tried and was very pleasantly surprised with the results. The mild spice of the pork chops went perfectly with the hint of lime in the onions and peppers. Plus it was done in under 30 minutes!
Prep: 15 min. Cook: 14 min.
- 2 teaspoons ancho chile powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 4 (4-ounce) boneless center-cut loin pork chops (about 1/2″ thick)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 cups vertically sliced onion
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1. Combine chili powder, cumin, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a small bowl. Sprinkle both sides of pork with chili powder mixture. Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add pork, cook 4 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from pan; keep warm.
2. Heat oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add onion, peppers, and 1/2 teaspoon salt; sauté 4 minutes. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute. Remove from heat. Stir in lime juice.
Yield 4 servings
From: Cooking Light Complete Cookbook