This was a great, light summer meal for a busy weeknight. I did tweak the recipe a bit because I used some of the ingredients for another night’s meal on accident. So, my salad ended up with no onions and no bread on the side, although I did add olives to the salad itself. I thought it turned out really well!
Prep: 20 min. Cook: 13 min.
- 1 (3/4 lb.) salmon fillet
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking Spray
- 10 cups gourmet salad greens
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat Caesar dressing
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 4 teaspoons capers
- 5 (1 ½-ounce) slices French bread, toasted
- 1/4 cup finely chopped black olives
- Preheat broiler.
- Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper. Place fish, skin side down, on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray; broil 12 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Remove skin from fish; discard skin. Break fish into chunks.
- Place salad greens in a large bowl. Drizzle juice and Caesar dressing over greens, tossing to coat. Add onions and capers; toss gently to combine.
Place salad on plates.
- Divide salmon among salads. Top each bread slice with 1 tablespoon olives, spreading with a knife. Cut each slice in half . Serve immediately.
Yield: 4 servings.
From: Cooking Light Complete Cookbook