I made these this morning, very skeptical that they would in fact be, the “best ever” pumpkin muffins. I was happy to find that they were literally THE BEST. Seriously so so good. I could have eaten the entire batch. Granted these are not healthy, but, they were incredibly moist, full of flavor, and looked beautiful. This one is definitely a keeper!
Makes 12 Muffins
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1 (15-ounce) can pure pumpkin puree
- ½ cup coconut oil (melted if necessary)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and prep a standard 12 cup muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- Combine flour, sugars, baking soda, salt and spices in a medium bowl and whisk together. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, pumpkin puree, coconut oil, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir together. Mix just until ingredients are incorporated.
- Evenly distribute the batter into each lined cup (an ice cream scoop works well). They will be nearly full.
- Bake muffins for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
Adapted from Lovely Little Kitchen